SFG Engineering Services
- Senior Certificate
- 10+ years’ experience in similar position (management role) in the manufacturing environment
- Computer literate
- Trade related qualification will be an advantage.
- Able to work independent and as part of a team.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ensure overall cost-effective planning of components according to lead times, quality, and delivery dates.
- Maintain workflow by monitoring steps of the process through observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and facilitating corrections to malfunctions.
- Ensure inter departmental goal alignment with components team leaders through sound communication regarding utilisation of resources and machinery – a process managed together.
- Responsible for the effective integration and co-ordination of all production functions to ensure a productive and efficient production line in terms of time, cost, and quality.
- Planning labour results by communicating job expectations and evaluating job results.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing quality standards.
- Ensure adherence to customer specifications.
- Responsible to develop and monitor a maintenance schedule that includes upgrades, maintenance, and suggested replacement.
- Ensuring operation of equipment by calling for repairs and evaluating techniques.
- Ensure thorough knowledge of all machines.
- Establish and ongoing monitoring of production statistics for example overtime, absenteeism etc and take subsequent action.
- Provide manufacturing information by analyzing production performance records of the Components teams.
- Drive production and performance targets for example turnover, efficiencies, etc.
- Manage of Components budget.
- Responsible for the overall management of Components workforce, including but not limited to performance management, discipline, training, etc.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing employees on housekeeping and maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for employee administration that includes leave, shift schedules and overtime.
- Promote Mini business unit participation to establish goal alignment, teamwork and leadership.
- Responsible to ensure continuous and sound liaison between Components and other departments.
Specific Requirements/Additional information
You are responsible and accountable for effective, productive production processes and workforce in facilitating the on-time delivery of quality projects of the Components Department which include: Laser machine(s) & Programming, Bending machine(s) & Programming, Pipe bending machine & Programming, Automated Corner Former Machine, Weber, Rollers and Dish & Knuckle.