SFG Engineering Services
To ensure the efficient operation of the cold store and distribution department. Responsible for maintaining stock integrity.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Honesty, Integrity & Reliability.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Self-motivated: Ability to work with little supervision.
• Managing people for both day and night shifts.
• A willingness to learn.
• Strong ability to multitask.
• Open to change and learning new systems.
• Initiating and keeping of procedures for efficient operations.
• Time management – Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize.
• Must be flexible due to work demands.
• Must have own reliable vehicle.
• Scheduling of Cold Store Operations, optimizing operational efficiency, including order picking / goods received / production inputs and outputs / housekeeping / etc.
• Planning department shifts and personnel workload.
• Ensure WMS system integrity in place.
• Ensure food safety and general housekeeping rules are adhered to.
• Manage maintenance of equipment.
• Responsibility for stock management and integrity.
• Corresponding with all departments (trading / production / logistics / etc)
• Managing the Cold Chain
• Assist with logistical planning of company fleet
• Focus on Continual improvement, focused on process
• Degree or diploma in Warehousing will be advantageous.
• At least 5 years in a managerial position in Operations in a cold store environment