SFG Engineering Services
CNC/Trump Operator – URGENT
- Matric Certificate and/or
- Sufficient experience in a similar capacity
- Serious candidates to apply
- Operate the CNC T1000/500R punching machine used in the production process.
- Select proper die clearance based on material requirements for jobs.
- Set up of tooling, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Determine condition of tools and point of re-sharpening.
- Notify supervisor if tooling needs to be sharpened a day in advance.
- Always Keep work area and tooling station clean and organised.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Communicate-walk around the floor and make sure that product is flowing and no hold up from the CNC machines due to more than one component being punched.
- Prepare component and pack neatly to be moved to next station when ready.
- Pull raw materials up to 60kgs onto machine.
- Physically and mentally be able to clear jams and errors on the CNC punch machine.
- Ensure there is enough materials to produce the planned work.
- Ensure to use the correct programming and tooling.
- If production falls behind report to supervisor
- Recommend measures to improve production methods-equipment perforce and quality of product.
- Maintaining of machine includes blow out systems and washing of machine.
- Housekeeping must be done daily.
- Report any machine or operator faults to supervisor if cannot resolve it within a reasonable time.
- Rejects to be recorded on root card at all times with a reason.
- Use proper principles to ensure that maximize punch time with component removals.
- Manage material that is being used does it correspond to the material that is needed on the drawing.
- Record all quantities of units produced for the day on root card.
- Tool checklist must be done on the 1st of every month to ensure the machine does not run short of any tooling.
- Keep all job information of the current job together and on the job board until complete.
- Perform random tests to ensure accuracy.
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools.
- Report quality issues that might occur during the shift to the production manager.
- Keep records of defective units.
- Defective units must be removed and placed on a pallet for further inspection.
- Maintain and clean machines before and after each shift.
- Manage a great level of attention to detail on given task and targets.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.