Website SFG Engineering Services
Ensuring effective and efficient financial operations and reporting for all group companies. Partnering with the business in driving key strategic initiatives
• Evidence of being a pro-active & hands-on person.
• Focus of role will be less on management of others and more on getting your hands dirty to get things done.
• Evidence of pursuing continuous self-development.
• A good business understanding.
• Superb attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical and numerical abilities and advanced Excel Skills
• Good interpersonal skills.
• An ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way.
• Ability to work accurately under pressure and meet deadlines.
• A self-starter who does not require excessive supervision.
• Prepared to work overtime as and when required.
• Logical problem-solving skills.
• A desire to be challenged.
• Good time management.
• Must have own transport.
• Review of monthly detailed general ledger line items.
• Ensuring allocations of incomes and expenses between different departments are done correctly.
• Preparation of monthly journal entries.
• Prepare and Review various balance sheet recons.
• Prepare monthly management packs and board reports.
• Providing commentaries on monthly packs and reports.
• Championing monthly management accounts meetings with various departmental managers.
• Group reporting to Holding Company.
• Preparing annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
• Develop and manage financial systems/policies.
• Improve operational and administrative processes and efficiencies.
• Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures monthly.
• Liaison with auditors.
• Manage the Asset register and related income statement accounts.
• Review and approval of payment requisitions.
• Monthly VAT submissions and liaison with SARS.
• Provisional and annual tax returns of all companies within the group.
• Drive cost saving initiatives.
Being the SAP ERP Superuser and go-to person for all system related issues, queries and problem solving.
• Highlighting issues and risks to management and proposing solutions to address these issues.
• Developing new reports so that management can obtain improved insight into key areas.
• Review current processes and champion change where required.
• Drive automation of processes to unlock efficiencies.
• Assist management with financial analysis and investment evaluations.
• Partner with the business to drive key strategic objectives.
• Be able to stand in for key tasks when the Financial Manager or the Financial Director are not available.
• Other ad hoc duties as required by the Finance Director.
• BCom with a Post Graduate degree
• CA(SA) would be advantageous.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position
• Understanding financial consolidations
• Experience in financial reporting and controls.
• Being proactive to drive cost savings and efficiency gains.
• SAP Business One
• Strong IT experience: SQL programming, PowerBI, PowerQuery, VBA
6 – 12 Months Fixed Term Contract