SFG Engineering Services
General Manager – Industrial
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- 10+ years Industrial services experience in the onshore and offshore oil, gas, minerals, power and utilities industries.
- Thorough understanding of national and international standards relating to the business line.
- Track record for winning and successfully project managing Industrial Services Projects to realise benefits for the organization.
- Experienced with business travel within the African continent, preferably with experience in the successful winning and execution of contracts in Africa.
- Project Management qualification
- Financial acumen
- Hands on experience in any Industrial services activities, including high pressure water jetting, fabrications, machining, chemical cleaning, heat exchange re-tubing, controlled bolting, UHP & Abrasive blasting, painting, coatings, scaffolding, rope access and pressure testing.
- Ensure that all Industrial Services work within Africa is executed safely in accordance with the company’s QHSE policies.
- Ensure that all Industrial Services work within Africa is executed and to a high quality in accordance with the company’s ISO and BBEE/Localisation Requirements.
- Manage and lead the team to execute the Industrial service business plan within Africa
- Overall responsibility for the development and execution of the strategy of the Industrial Services line in Africa.
- Overall responsibility for the development and execution of the strategy of the Industrial Services business line in Africa.
- Meet or exceed the budget for the Industrial Services business line in Africa.
- Drive business development and sales within the business line.
- Liaise with key clients to ensure that their requirements are being met, and that our company is providing all services in a safe and professional manner.
- Provide technical support to the Industrial Service business line as required.
- Liaise with the company’s support functions to ensure that client invoices are being paid on time, suppliers are correctly managed, employees are accurately paid through payroll, training and career development in undertaken, assets are being serviced and maintained.
- Support the Industrial Service business line through audits, inspections and continuous improvements.
- Approval of procedures and specifications, including review and overall responsibility for the company’s Industrial Services related accreditation.
- Establish and maintain relationships with OEM’s, regulators, suppliers sand specialists as required.
- Assist and oversee the preparation and review of bids, proposals and training courses.
- Assist the management team with selection of staff as and when required.
- Provide leadership by example in all safety and environmental aspects.
- Support the integrated management system and business policies.
- Develop clear understanding of the oil and gas, mining, petrochemical industries to understand future work scopes, competitor strategies, areas of opportunities and areas of risk.
Individual Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply the company’s group and where appropriate client’s Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that all Quality and operational procedures as identified in the company’s QA Manuals are adhered to to at all times.
- Maintain and embrace ownership of departmental policies and procedures.
Specific Requirements / Additional Information
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Sound administration skills and attention to detail
- Professional and good communication skills
- Be able to cope with pressure and meet deadlines
- Commercial and Financial Accumen
- Project Management Skills
- BBBEE compliance knowledge
- Forecasting and budgetary skills