SFG Engineering Services
The In-Service Training Technician is required to perform any electrical and/or mechanical installation works as required by the defined scope of works relating to any project in the Company. The In-Service Training Technician will be allocated to a project for a defined period by the Head of Projects. Once allocated to a project the assigned Construction Manager/Solar Technician will direct on site works in accordance to engineering department designs and contractual obligations. The In-Service Training Technician will report to the Construction Manager for this period.
All works to be carried out under supervision of the appointed Construction Manager/Solar Technician.
- Any required electrical installation works (single & three phase; AC & DC; LV)
- Any required mechanical installation works
- Testing of electrical cables and any equipment
- Termination of electrical connections
- System fault finding exercises during commissioning.
- Distribution board assemblies
- Complete Solar PV System incl. Generator, Transformer, Inverter commissioning works
- Assist in site establishment works.
- Assist in site decommission and/or de-establishment works.
- Assist Construction Manager in development and maintenance of Inspection & Test Plan throughout the project
- Action any rigging requirements for a project
- Action any transportation requirements for a project
- Daily site housekeeping to be maintained.
- Daily site stock controlling and issuing of stock to subcontractors.
- Assist Construction Manager in managing subcontractor works on site.
- Maintain Health and Safety compliances during projects.
- Maintain SANS compliances for all electrical and mechanical project works.
- Assist with any operations and maintenance issues on sites under SLA contract with the company.
- Tend to any site project works within 5 working days from date of appointment by Line Manager, inside or outside RSA.
- Comply to company ISO 9001 and 45001 standards.
Specific Requirements/Additional information
- Enrolment to Tertiary Educational Institution and/or 1-year practical electrical experience
- Driver’s License
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com