SFG Engineering Services
IT Support Specialist
- 3 years of IT help desk and/or technical and product support experience is required.
- A relevant tertiary qualification – BSc in Computer Science, Diploma in IT or a related field.
- Certifications such as MCSE are also acceptable.
- Basic understanding of IT networks, firewalls and network routing
- Knowledge of IT service management practices such as ITIL
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of databases and Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of the Oracle Java Runtime Environment
- Experience with both Web applications and client-server applications
- Exposure to the ISO 8583 payment protocol
- Knowledge of common protocols and standards such as HTML, XML, CSS, TCP/IP, RDP, VPN, SSL/TLS and FTP
- Operational security awareness
- Experience with platform and operating system architecture
- Providing appropriate support on all solution suites of the Company’s E-Commerce Platform on clients’ Production environments, based on the conditions of the client’s Service Level Agreement
- Capturing and processing statistics
- Performing system health checks
- Escalation of reported issues to appropriate stakeholders, and following up on them
- Writing of incident reports
- Maintaining a knowledge base of lessons learnt during issue investigation and resolution
- Staying up to date with all TeP software updates, changes and releases
- Proficiency in in TeP commissioning and upgrade principles
- Effective usage of the Issue Tracking System
- Maintaining the Client Registry
- Providing after-hours client support where and when required
- Daily customer engagement
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.