SFG Engineering Services
The Company is small, but dynamic business with tremendous growth ambitions, so the full extent of your responsibilities is not yet known. What is known is that your responsibilities will change over time. You can use the following as a guide of the things you might do.
- Be an active member of our collaborative team who is committed to:
- Ensuring your team has what they need to do their best work
- Driving the achievement of the Company’s vision
- Embedding the company’s values in how we operate
- Contributing to a high-performance team and culture
- Take ownership of administrative tasks, procurement and drafting in the design team.
Daily duties may include
- Drafting including manufacturing drawings
- Update and maintain CAD Library
- 3D component drawings
- Sheetmetal manufacturing
- Quality control of all work delivered from external suppliers
- Update and maintain jig drawings
- Product version updates and maintenance
- JIG design for manufacture and testing
- Ensure test jigs and equipment conforms to requirements for testing purposes
- Create and maintain Bills of Materials
- Research systems and products available
- Component source and technical details (for use and addition to CAD Library)
- Value chain follow up and record keeping
- Minutes taking during technical meetings
- Client support and CRM logging
The Ideal Candidate…
- Is dynamic and has the ambition and potential to grow with the company.
- Willing to adjust to the highs and lows of an entrepreneurial tech start-up environment.
- Is flexible with designs and open to change designs should it be required to change or adapt concepts.
- Has at least three years’ experience working in a mechanical design environment on AutoDesk Inventor.
- Has yellow goods, forestry or agricultural equipment experience.
- Is a highly-skilled written & verbal communicator.
- Is diligent, has outstanding organizational skills and prioritizes attention to detail.
- Is a fast learner and has the ability to work independently, multitask and prioritize daily workloads towards achievement of strategic initiatives.
- Is energetic and pro-active, a strong problem-solver who anticipates needs and stays out ahead of them. You identify roadblocks and solve with invention, innovation, and empathy.
- Is excited by the prospect of growing a small business creating a very successful product for the global forestry equipment market.
- Thrives under pressure on a challenge and doesn’t mind being challenged.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, high EQ and self-awareness.
Education and experience
- Dip. Mechanical Engineering/Industrial Design
- Tech Mechanical Engineering/Industrial Design