Website SFG Engineering Services
Ensure loading and offloading of products from/into the cold store/trucks as
per instruction without compromising Food Safety or Quality. Assist Shift
Manager with the effective running of department by fulfilling daily duties and
achieving set targets.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to effectively communicate with staff at all levels.
• Ability to conduct research and analyze data.
• Honesty, Integrity & Reliability.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Critical thinking capabilities.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in decision making.
• Apply urgency in work done – report faults urgently, take action urgently; results orientated.
• Self-motivated: Ability to work with little supervision.
• A willingness to learn.
• Strong ability to multitask.
• Open to change and learning new systems.
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Good time management.
• Must have own transport.
• General admin duties.
• Ensure documents thereof are complete and correct when submitting tamper seals.
• Complete Goods Issued Voucher / Delivery Note.
• Ensure that all documentation is signed off after each shift.
• Ensure that offloading of containers and trucks are managed accordingly.
• Prepare accordingly for offload.
• Ensuring there is sufficient number of pallets for offloading.
• Ensure the correct quantities, different grades and expiry dates of ALL stock received.
• Ensure pallets are sorted, weighed, and labelled.
• Ensure that empty pallets are weighed and marked before random weight
products are packed onto the pallets.
• Ensure each pallet is wrapped and has a blue label ID Card.
• Ensure that all pallets are placed in the cold storage before it leaves the premises.
• Ensure no broken pallets are going into the cold store.
• Ensure that every pallet going into the cold store is checked-in/booked onto the system & has a location sticker.
• Ensure clean pallets are available for receiving and dispatching of fresh product.
• Ensure container readiness before loading.
• Ensure the total amount of bins are captured correctly.
• Obtain loading instructions.
• Ensure that orders are ready as per picking list.
• Responsible for strictly working and loading trucks/containers according to the loading plan and or specification, that will be provided.
• Loading product and stacking of pallets neatly onto/off the truck or container.
• Offload/Loading of Fresh products
• Ensure all fresh products from the production department is placed in cold
storage promptly (especially export product).
• Qualification in Storemanship will be an added advantage.
• Computer literate (MS Office)
• 2-3 years relevant experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com