SFG Engineering Services
x1 for Night Shift and x1 for Day Shift
Verify and maintain a desired level of quality of all products (imported/ locally produced/ packed) and processes performing continues inspections and reporting of non-conformances.
Ensuring labelling complies with governing legislation and company specifications.
Assist the Quality Manager with the effective running of the department by fulfilling daily duties and achieving set targets.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to effectively communicate with staff at all levels.
• Honesty, Integrity & Reliability.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Critical thinking capabilities.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in decision making.
• Self-motivated: Ability to work with little supervision.
• A willingness to learn.
• Strong ability to multitask.
• Open to change and learning new systems.
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Good time management.
• Must be flexible due to work demands.
• Above average work standard.
• Own transport advantageous.
• Ensure that food safety and quality procedures are adhered to.
• Conduct daily hygiene inspections.
• Identify any foreign objects in the cold store and take appropriate action to remedy potential harmful situations.
• Ensure that all incoming products meet specification, by conducting checks on incoming and outgoing shipments [fresh and frozen products].
• Ensure that quality processes are controlled, by monitoring and recording quality parameters and temperature throughout receiving and outgoing processes.
• Ensure all health and safety measures are adhered to.
• Ensure that relevant Standard Operating Procedure/s are complied with when conducting inspections and necessary grading checks on incoming imports and local products:
Conduct inspection checks on:
o Incoming containers, including transfers from outside storage.
o Incoming local products, including transfers from Atlantis.
o Any returning products unless otherwise communicated by Management.
o Ensure that the appropriate corrective action is taken where applicable.
• Ensure that incoming containers/local product information is correctly communicated and recorded: –
o Capture and submit reports manually / electronically (including pictures) on all daily incoming and local products.
o Liaise with cold store, shop and accounts department concerning all product returns.
o Ensure that all “sign-offs” are always correct and up to date.
• Ensure that all non-conforming issues are recorded and reported:
o Identify any non-conforming issues.
o Record all information on non-conformance report.
• To undertake other duties as requested and assist in other departments when required.
• Ensuring that General Housekeeping is maintained in office
• Matric or equivalent qualification.
• Computer literate (Excel, Word & Microsoft).
2-3 yrs relevant work experience.
Hours of work:
Day Shift: 08h00 – 17h00, weekend as required (hours may fluctuate due to production demands)
Night Shift: 17:30 – 02:30, weekend as required (hours may fluctuate due to production demands)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com