SFG Engineering Services
- PRIMAVERA 6 Experience (MUST HAVE)
- Cape Town residents ONLY
- Matric with a diploma related to the planning and scheduling discipline.
- Primavera 6 Planning Software.
- MS Projects
- At least 5 – 10 years’ experience working in a planning function in an engineering construction environment
Prepares and schedules daily production requirements in close co-operation with the client and production in order to co-ordinate production output with client requirements and to optimise utilisation of facilities equipment and labour.
Duties and responsibilities of the post / principle areas of accountability
- Develop production schedules for the prefabrication of specific projects.
- Communicate and correspond target dates with prefabricators.
- Develop schedules for on-site tank refurbishment program.
- Optimize schedules when required.
- Compile and distribute weekly progress reports.
- Prioritize the work schedule and allocate resources to meet operational needs and budgets.
- Adapt schedule where required to accommodate any changes in operational requirements.
- Develop long and short-term plans to increase production capacity and decrease costs.
- Manage the allocation of resources in line with new/existing projects to achieve the project plan on time.
- Determine and monitor overall resource capacity, personnel and equipment.
- Set priorities to maintain production expectations.
- Anticipate future production requirements and technology changes and plan and budget accordingly.
- Compile project delays and distribute weekly.
- Review, Develop, Plan, Maintain & Tracking of Tender and Tank Erection schedules using MS Projects 2013 and Primavera P6.
- Align schedules with Client Requirements and Contracts.
- Review and manage subcontractor Schedules and Reports in line with their contract.
- Develop, update and manage resource Histograms and S-Curves.
- Track and Report on Workshop Pre-Fabrication.
- Track Materials and Long Lead Items.
- Perform weekly updates and reports with S-Curves for overall projects.
- Interfaced with Operations, Client and Subcontractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
- Conduct regular Site Visits to meet and align with Construction Teams.
- Attend Commercial meetings with the Client.
- Compile reports for Claim Purposes.
- Compile daily and weekly updates for supervisors indicating critical path, progress and slippage.
- Monitor Potential scheduling problems and report to senior management.
- Monitor progress and update the schedule accordingly.
- Tracking of Design, Engineering and Procurement phases across numerous projects.
- Ensure that the works preparation for jobs on hand does not deviate from project plan.
- Occupational Skills:
- Able to match resources with incoming work
- Able to work out capacity
- Able to perform calculations to determine capacity
- Understand the technical features of petro-chemical tanks
- Problem solving and decision making
- Negotiating and conflict handling
- Time management and managing priorities
- Listening and questioning
- Good verbal and written communication
- IT Skills:
- MS Word -Basic
- MS Excel -Intermediate
- MS Outlook -Intermediate
- MS Projects -Intermediate
- Attention to detail
- Respond well to pressure caused by changing priorities
- Client orientated
- Good follow through
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org