SFG Engineering Services
Maintenance Engineer – Mining
- B. Engineering / B.Sc. Engineering Degree / National Diploma / National Certificate – NTC 6.
- A Government Certificate of Competence, Mines and Works (GCC).
- Driver’s license.
- 5 years general Engineering working experience, of which 3 years should have been in Mechanical Maintenance function in a mining HME environment.
- Experience managing a large contractor mining operation will be an advantage.
- Performing routine legal requirement pre-inspections on earthmoving equipment.
- Driving Maintenance KPI’s, of permanent employees, contractors and subcontractors to ensure vehicle / equipment availability and optimization.
- Financial / Budget Control in terms of Mining Maintenance activities.
- Investigating RCA’s (Root Cause Analysis) on downtime with all parties involved. Reviewing Contractor maintenance plan to ensure that HME’s are effectively utilized.
- Managing of change process about any deviations to Maintenance activities and work scope.
- Implement CI initiatives by keeping abreast of developments and introducing change in work processes where appropriate (Cost reductions and cost avoidance).
- Ensure and Maintain Legal Compliance.
- Legal, Audit & Governance.
- Risk Management.
- SHEQ Compliance.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.