SFG Engineering Services
- Trade Tested Artisan – Electrical / Mechanical
- Previous work experience in managing small teams will be an advantage
- Experience of working in a heavy manufacturing industry is desirable
- Knowledge of required government codes and standards (machinery regulations), and any other applicable safety and accreditation standards will be an advantage.
- Specialized knowledge and Training in: Management of staff, Problem solving ability, Intermediate computer skills, Possession of relevant technical knowledge, Must possess leadership abilities, Possess high level of safety awareness, Must possess clerical skills.
- Must possess human resource skills to relate effectively with people from diverse background
- Must possess good communication skills to interact with different groups of people effectively
- Practical knowledge of the Health and Safety Act, ISO 9000 and other QA Management systems
- Knows the requirements and various aspects of the OSH Act, ISO 9000 and understands how the various functions within the company fits into these systems
- Working with Maintenance Manager to evaluate and improve function and reliability of mechanical and electrical systems and associated equipment and recommending, and implementing improvements
- Working of irregular hours due to the operational requirements of the company
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are carried out in an efficient manner and according to company standards
- Make sure all breakdowns are responded to expeditiously and that repairs are done to company standards
- Ensure that all admin related functions of team and self is up to date and completed accurately,
- Manage stock levels of critical and other spares to ensure that minimum stock is always available
- Through Senior Maintenance Artisans ensure that Preventative Maintenance Schedules is properly executed
- Assist Artisans in solving technical problems on machines and equipment
- Ensure safe work environment by following and ensuring that standards and procedures are followed, and that work performed is complying with legal requirements and regulations
- Accomplishes maintenance human resource objectives by training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- Mentoring of all Maintenance apprentices
- Promote and facilitate proper communication as well as good relations between production and the maintenance departments through the Senior Maintenance Artisans
- Ensure housekeeping standards (5S) are maintained, most especially within the Maintenance Workshop
- Manage activities of sub-contractors and ensuring they observe company health and safety rules
- Assist Maintenance Manager to accomplish maintenance and organization mission by completing and submitting relevant monthly reports.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.