- A Degree in Supply Chain Management or,
- A Degree in Operations Management or,
- Post-Graduate qualification in Business Administration or similar or,
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Law, Business Management, Finance, or Accounting
- Senior management experience within food processing / manufacturing.
- Understanding of food quality, food safety and applicable HACCP requirements.
- Understanding Health & Safety requirements in a food production environment.
- General seafood industry experience.
- Solid presentation skills and ability to explain complex processes to an audience.
- Sound ERP and IT related knowledge.
- Sound financial knowledge.
- Managing the performance of each employee in conjunction with HR Department.
- Managing and implementing of company policies and procedures in conjunction with the HR Department.
- Responsible for staff disciplinary procedures in conjunction with HR Department.
- Engage and responsible for Union discussions and relationships.
- Improving internal processes and ensuring employees work as a cohesive unit.
- Build and lead successful teams.
- Sustaining current market position and growing market share.
- Anticipate client needs and develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Set up, maintain and manage sales budgets on a regular basis.
- Managing targets in a dynamic and competitive business environment.
- Developing and designing route to market strategies for product basket to ensure margin and consumer delivery is achieved.
- Ensuring that new products are developed in line with company strategy and market requirement.
- Managing stock movement including slow moving, redundant stock, stock quality and stock returns.
- Responsible for stock accuracy, stock counts and stock recons.
- Responsible for all maintenance: warehousing, vehicles, plant & equipment, office sites and general housekeeping.
- Monitor and authorize use of hired vehicles.
- Monitor and authorize any overtime relating to operations.
- Improving business processes on an ongoing basis to reduce costs and improve
- Ensuring strict compliance with MRP processes.
- Ensuring correct stock levels are in place and alternative suppliers are identified in conjunction with the procurement team.
- Creating business plans to support the company’s financial objectives.
- Defining long-term strategic goals with clear implementation
- Ensure that financial management processes are accurate and reported timeously in order to assist management in making sound strategic decisions.
- Implement hardware and software improvements.
- Responsible for implementing SAP and all other Microsoft application training for all staff.
Specific Requirements/Additional information
If you do not receive a response within 1 week, please consider your application unsuccessful
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org