SFG Engineering Services
- Proven experience in materials planning in a ship building or manufacturing environment will be a requirement for this role.
- Aluminium Experience in Ship Building
- Good time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impact the costs, production, manufacture and customer order fulfillment
- Results orientated and organised with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines.
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Project Management Skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to travel to suppliers to keep production on track
- Good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Meticulous & Methodical and able to work autonomously
- BTech Degree in any relevant technical or Purchasing field
- Project Management qualification will be advantageous
- Key account management will be advantageous
- At least 3-5 years’ experience ideally in Manufacturing, Industrial or Materials handling environment
- Understanding and developing of supplier relationship with some experience in working with suppliers
- Knowledge and experience of using ERP (Electronic Requirements Planning) systems or similar
- Interrogating bills of materials and scientifically estimating requirements when necessary.
- Materials forecasting with Aluminium raw material as the primary focus
- Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier to point of fit
- Aluminium Machining management
- Day-to-day order management and tracking of aluminium deliveries
- Understand and manage risks to minimise impact on production schedule
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement
- Monitor the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and manage inventory accuracy
- Monitor inventory levels against agreed target levels
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy
- Minimise absolute stock and ensure business is left with minimal liability
- Develop a forecasting and reporting model
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis to update others in the organisation
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to forecast, plan and facilitate on time materials to the production line as and when required avoiding disruption to production
- Overtime and weekend work required when and where required
- Support assessment and sourcing of suppliers in conjunction with members of the purchasing and projects team
- Support supplier meeting and negotiations to ensure demand for materials is met. Resolve supplier concerns and evaluate supplier performance in conjunction with members of the purchasing team
- Open to in due course expanding scope of work to include additional raw material management, e.g. Non-aluminium piping, systems fittings.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, you application has been unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com