SFG Engineering Services
The Mechanical Lead will oversee and supervise the maintenance of all mechanically operated machinery in accordance with the company’s standards and safety requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
• Receive project plan & requirements, including deadlines from Project Manager
• Understand subcontracted work requirements & subcontractor timing according to the project plan
• Organize work program with teams/estimators
• Ensure that all required materials & equipment are ordered / arranged
• Arrange and assemble teams to carry out work/projects
• Delegate work to staff/team
• Ensure efficient use of staff and contract staff
• Ensure that staff discipline is maintained including the management of time and attendance
• Manage work output according to plan and estimate
• Take action if deviations from plan occur, during work/job execution
• Ensure that all work is performed to Customer, our Company and Industry standards, and in compliance with our company’s safety rules and legislative compliance
• Report on project progress, during execution, and on close out
• Ensure all project costs (e.g. labour, materials, equipment, and subcontractor) are recorded
• Tools & equipment (including special tools) are available when required
• Tools & equipment are used & maintained properly
• All tools & equipment are accounted for
• A Job Site Risk Assessment is conducted daily
• Safety / Toolbox talks are conducted
• All safety equipment is correct for the task and is used / worn as directed
• All people on site obey safety requirements
Qualifications, experience and competencies required:
• Qualified Tradesman (Fitter and Turner), with at least 5 years’ experience managing a machine or equivalent
• Minimum Matric or equivalent. /Section 28
• More than five years’ experience in Marine Engineering, marine repairs, replacement and refits.
• Attention to detail and focusses
• Computer literacy an advantage.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must have full knowledge of removing and repairing various types of propeller tail shafts, thrusters, winches, valves, pumps and related mechanical equipment.
• Must be able to do repairs on vessels in the harbour.
• Ability to work in a highly pressurized environment – shop / workshop. He / she must also be able to operate machinery when required due to workload.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com