Currently seeking an Engineer to join our successful multi-disciplinary team working on a range of new ship building projects.
This individual is responsible for detail engineering, technical reviewing, evaluating and implementing engineering changes and system specification requirements.
This role will handover technically sound engineering information to internal stake holders for procurement and production and offer engineering assistance to project managers.
This role will work with class society (typically Bureau Veritas, BV) and QC drawing and Bill of Material output from draughtsman.
The successful candidate will report to the Engineering Manager.
Qualification and Experience:
• Required: Qualification in Mechanical/Marine Engineering or naval architect.
• Required: Strong technical and communication skills.
• Not required but preferred: Experience in heavy industry production environment.
• Not required but preferred: Experience in ship system design.
• Not required but preferred: Experience with class society (Eg, BV)
Skills and Characteristics:
• Ability to manage multiple design aspects simultaneously.
• Ability to manage 3D CAD team.
• Experience with project management and commercial functions such as CVO’s, budget management, design in accordance with specification and a good understanding of procurement and logistic processes.