SFG Engineering Services
- Candidate will have a Trade/Technical qualification
- 5 years supervisory exp (pref. in the truck, motor or heavy engineering ind.)
- Proven track record, target driven, good communication & computer skills required. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles an advantage.
- Draw up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet must finish dates.
- Update production schedule daily
- Prepare and update delivery project plans for key accounts (spreadsheets)
- Ensure materials required (buyouts) are received when required. Daily meeting with Purchasing to prioritize.
- Update production board in planning office
- Update sales delivery board in sales office.
- Weekly report/meeting to MD on progress against promised dates.
- Set clear monthly target (with MD at beginning of the month).
- Analyse production specifications & plant capacity data.
- Plan & schedule workflow for all departments and operations on site.
- Plan daily to ensure smooth running of production.
- Expedite production delays daily and update schedules accordingly.
- Prepare production reports (on time deliveries, invoicing schedule, no. of units against target
- Liaising with customer account managers to advise on problems or delays
- Ensure collaborative working between departments.
- Liaise with Internal Customers to discuss changes to specifications and/or delays.
- Ensure targets are communicated weekly for execution.
- In the absence of the Production Manager is required to lead the production meeting.
- Always ensure the Team Leaders and carry out all duties and tasks as per the Job Pack.
- Understand all the procedures set out in the Work Instructions and follow accurately.
- Ensure Subordinates are always productive.
- Production Output – Ensure production output is carried out as per the requirements of the Production Schedule
- Notify the Manager of possible problems that may cause any delays in the production process.
- Ensure workmanship is of the right quality
- Follow Environment, Health and Safety Rules and Regulations – Ensure that the proper PPE’s are always followed and utilised
- Housekeeping Duties – Ensure that all workstations are always kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure that workstations and tasks to be carried out are always free of any danger to all present .
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org