SFG Engineering Services
Project Control Manager
- Minimum Degree in Engineering/Construction Management
- 10 years Marine/Shipbuilding experience
- MS Office Advanced and Primavera (P6) is a must
- Project Management experience
- Practical Contracts and Costing experience
- Valid Drivers License and own vehicle,
- Only Cape Town Candidates to apply
- Setup and implement the scope of works
- Setup the Project Control policies and necessary procedures that covers the planning and scheduling process
- Establishing the compliance requirements with programme-wide reporting frameworks and adherence to quality standards in performing and maintain policies and procedures
- Setup the procedures that aims to define the basis of the planning functions like planning levels, schedule sequencing networks , critical path and predecessor /successor relationships between Contract Development, Engineering , procurement, shipyard construction, commissioning, operations and maintenance in the master schedule of the projects.
- Develop the cost estimates, cost baselines, aligned with the agreed CBS / WBS to ensure an integrated Project Control System for cost and schedule monitoring
- Oversee Project Budgeting and Scheduling.
- Responsible for the timely creating and maintaining of accurate reporting addressing all aspects of financial forecasting in line with project development and completion.
- Managing Earned Value reporting and being responsible for budgeting and forecasting.
- Monitoring field progress using earned value principles, managed KPIs and identifying cost and schedule trends as part of management reporting.
- Suggest and Manage Changes in Project expenditure, commercial and operational issues.
- Issues project invoices in a timely manner and assist with debtor / cash management.
- Closes out financial systems and determines job profitability/ forecasts using generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist in preparing project cash flows.
- Review the Project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities
- Prepares accurate monthly project management review reports.
- Evaluates project variations / Monitor the progress of the Project and make risk adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organisation on the progress of the project
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly).
- Overseeing and controlling processes to manage any contractor claims for delay and disruption.
- Monitoring functional staffing plans and supporting the hiring of project controls personnel.
- Implementing and ensuring cost control processes to report on estimates, expenditures and cost commitments accurately
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.