The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
Duties and responsibilities
• Coordinating every aspect of the project from reviewing and approving contract terms to implementation of new contracts, the review of budgets, invoicing, variation orders and reporting of project status.
• Visit new customers and ensure sound customer interaction
• Review customers specifications and commercial conditions
• Perform vessel and site surveys and record all required information.
• Identify site risks and opportunities
• Liaise with other departments within the company as required e.g., engineering, procurement, works, spares etc.
• Prepare cost estimates, including purchase enquiries for bought-out items
• Prepare proposals including commercial and technical documents in line with company procedures
• Follow-up tenders and securing of orders
• Prepare and issue confirmation orders and hand-over to the Contracts Specialist
• Update and maintain proposals data bases
Qualifications, experience and competencies required
• Served a recognized trade apprenticeship in a marine or mining background with a tertiary mechanical qualification preferably marine orientated.
• Must have a minimum of five years (5) in a multi-disciplined project management environment, with emphasis on the following:
• Draft and revise a variety of contracts and SLA with customers and suppliers
• Ensure the organization’s contract documents are accurate and well maintained
• Meet with customers to discuss both legal and business matters
• Maintain excellent working relationships with clients to ensure their needs are met
• Create, prepare, review and edit all contracts, financials and generate customer reports and invoicing
• Defining of project objectives and goals on receipt of contract
• Be prepared to travel locally and internationally.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of legal terminology
• Comfortable working as part of a team or alone
• Exemplify a strong attention to detail
• Possesses superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
• Must have strong computer skills and knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Office, Excel and MS Projects
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must display creative problem-solving abilities
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com