SFG Engineering Services
Junior Quantity Surveyor
- Diploma as Quantity Surveyor
- Good understanding of construction contracts
- Minimum 5 years quantity surveying experience with experience in the construction industry as a sub-contractor.
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Have good practical organization skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
- Be able to provide both summarized and detailed reports, on current activities.
- IT Literate able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to use Construction Costing Software
- Demonstrable experience in construction contracts.
- Smart and professional appearance.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Customer focused.
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required, and labour involved.
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involve liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities for claims
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and contracts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Able to work well within a team-based environment.
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, always understood and followed.
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable.
- Monitor all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material and sub-contractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets adhered to.
- Supply all relevant information to the Contracts Manager and or the Managing Director for review at the specified intervals set.
- Assist Contracts Manager and or the Managing Director with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.