SFG Engineering Services
The position of Senior Relieve Technician is critical to the efficient operation of the Crude Oil Blending and Storage facility. The Senior Relieve Technician is responsible for assisting all disciplines in the Maintenance Department i.e., Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Planning.
- Multidisciplinary education in Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation
- Minimum trade, preferred Diploma
- A minimum 15-20 years’ relevant experience in a similar/related position in the oil/gas industry.
- Practical experience in Oil & Gas facilities especially in Tank Farm operations with product imports via port/terminals and/or shipping lines into onshore storage facilities.
· Safety awareness relating to working within an Oil & Gas facility.
· Light vehicle driver’s license.
· Understanding of risks related to operating within a Hazardous Classified area.
· Protocols and procedures for safely working within Hazardous plant areas.
· Basic knowledge of mechanical rotating equipment and electrical/instrumentation equipment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Fluency in English
· Computer literate
· Strong leadership and influencing skills
· Able to analyze situations and make effective decisions — especially in emergency situations
· Willing to work rotating shifts including weekends and public holidays.
· Prepared to wear personal protective clothing including breathing apparatus with a full-face mask.
· This job requires that the person is not afraid of heights.
Following maintenance procedures, he/she shall:
- Execute preventive and corrective maintenance operations (Level 1) on all instrumentation control system (DCS, SCADA, etc) and assist Electrical on electrical equipment according to the intervention planning.
- Execute interventions on all instrument installations
- Execute preventive and corrective maintenance operations on instrument installations according to the intervention planning
- Intervenes without delay to repair defects on instruments to avoid production losses and equipment downtime.
- Ensure proper follow up of DCS/SCADA equipment by conducting regular inspections and readings
- Issue intervention reports and other associated reports related to His / Her area of responsibility.
- Preparation, planning, and execution of detailed operations on all DCS/SCADA related installations according to the maintenance planning
- Assist the Operations in starting/stopping rotating equipment and any routing testing as may be required.
- Rapid intervention on DCS/SCADA defects to avoid production shutdown.
- Interpret data readings and report immediately any alteration in DCS/SCADA status.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reporting as required regarding maintenance performed, interventions and corrections.
- Maintain plant availability and reliability
- Assist with selection and appointment of Instrumentation/Electrical service contractors
- Develop instrumentation spares strategy and ensure availability of spares as required
- Develop instrumentation SWP’s; maintenance task lists and JHA’s
- Provide Instrumentation/Electrical advice to the business to support long term growth and development
- Actively participates in the PTW (Permit to Work) system with a strong focus on isolations and de-isolations.
- Assume responsibilities of Electrical Technician in His / Her absence.
- Assist Elect Tech that Electrical Regulatory work practices and requirements for entire plant are adhered to
- Assist with LV & MV switchgear maintenance and switching operations as and when required
- Assist with plant commissioning and start-up activities as and when required
- Assist Mechanical Fitter with mechanical maintenance activities as and when required.
- Stand-in for Maintenance Co-ordinator (Planner) when required
Submit cv to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before closing date. Should you have any questions do not hesitate to contact SFG Engineering Saldanha 022 714 – 0032.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com