SFG Engineering Services
Role: Manage the accounting function of a newly established infrastructure development, based in Saldanha, Western Cape. Reporting to the CFO.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the accounting function and assisting the CFO with achieving the financial objects set for the company by the Board.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop the operational systems and procedures within the framework of the holding company’s policies. The role will grow as the successful candidate shows the drive and ability to manage more complex matters within the organisation. It may then be an ideal position for a newly qualified accountant with solid academic knowledge, analytical skills and the ability to use data processing tools like excel to get a broad base of experience.
The primary focus of the candidate will be to control the Bank and Creditors of the company. This will be their primary responsibility and may initially take up the bulk of their working time. Other areas of responsibility may be added in time and ultimately the candidate could manage the full accounting role to Management Accounts and reporting to stakeholders.
2. Creditors Control
3. Customer Invoicing
4. Month end and reporting
5. Adhoc financial management / support to CFO
- Establish document and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Ongoing review and improvement of system controls and procedures
- Fixed Asset monitoring
- Cash flow forecasting
- Audit preparation
- Various Administrative processes and projects
- Regulatory and other reports and submissions
Experience and proficiency on the following software packages preferred:
- Sage 300 / Accpac
- Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel,)
- Strong excel skills necessary, or willing to be unskilled.
- Pro-Active Team Player; the finance function is a support function to operations
- Accurate, meticulous and detail orientated
- Able to plan ahead
- Able to work with little supervision
- Able to work on one’s own
- BCom, CIMA,
- Articles preferred
- Candidates must be proficient in English.
- Afrikaans would be advantageous
- Articles at a small or mid-sized professional firm of auditors and accountants preferred, or
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role
Only West Coast residents need apply.