Website SFG Engineering Services
Relevant Degree/Diploma – Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
ONLY CANDIDATES FROM THE ASPHALT SECTOR NEED APPLY
To give leadership within the management team on, quality and technical issues. Responsible for ensuring quality standards are achieved and exposure to contractual risk and remedial issues are minimised. To implement and manage the quality control aspects with regard to the business.
Ensure optimum use of raw materials and plant to balance quality, cost and production factors. Promote Company innovations (Pavement design & products).
Deliver material cost reductions in conjunction with Project by direct technical department action, support to operational teams and adopting all possible best practice. Track benefits within cost savings.
- Responsible for all the Laboratories at Branches,
- Manage the department effectively ensuring material quality is consistent and meets the high level of compliance expected, also ensuring full compliance with all QA / QC requirements,
- Provide a full and comprehensive support service proactively to the operations, distribution and commercial departments, championing Quality Management,
- Plan, establish and maintain most efficient designs for all finished products with consideration of quality, production and economic factors, ensuring a competitive edge over competing companies
- Continuous evaluation of new/alternative raw materials to improve the current production range.
- Undertaking troubleshooting operations to solve particular product problems.
- Control of testing equipment of Branch and Head Office laboratories
- Technical liaison with Company Personnel, clients and civil engineering consultants.
- General customer support with the application of the Company product range, through the design of slurry mixes, in-situ recycling mixes and surfacing seals.
Manage team to properly use statistical tools in order to identify trends in raw materials or finished products.
Administrative & Legal Responsibilities
- Control of all formulations and compilation of Formulation Manuals for all the Branches.
- Control of Material and Safety Data bulletins.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Management and coaching of technical team to reach optimum performance of each individual, encouraging employee contribution,
- Ensure direct reports are fully aware of their responsibilities to their subordinates in relation to all relevant Company and statutory procedures,
- Get involved in training and development of the team.
- Lead by example so team deliver promptly, accurately and effectively,
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic,
Responsibility to manage and guide employees, to inspire enthusiasm and stimulate their interests.
- Representation of Company on various industry technical committees such as the Bitumen Specification Committee, the Modified Binders Committee and the Society for Asphalt Technology. Regular lectures to Asphalt testers course students.
- Assist with the promotion of products through active participation in seminars, demonstrations and product launches.
- Identify new business opportunities with a view to expanding the Company’s product range.
- Keep the Organisation at the forefront of new developments by the attendance of related seminars, and planned working sessions in the Company’s Central Laboratory in Paris.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Key interfaces and relationships with
- Internal – Managing Director/General Managers – SEA, Branch Managers, Site employees, All employees in SEA Technical Department,
- External – clients, consultants, Municipalities and Local Government Departments.
- Complaint handling – provide effective response to customers, thorough investigation of cause, and appropriate internal liaison/ reporting,
- Individual management of serious material complaints involving external or head office specialists when appropriate,
- Support others responsible for interpreting customer enquiries and specifications, suggesting more suitable or economically beneficial alternatives where possible,
Assist with or give presentations as necessary to inform and educate customers, transport authorities, internal meetings etc.
Health, Safety & Environment Responsibilities
- Shall demonstrate visible felt leadership, always Leading by example to influence appropriate behaviour, encouraging and coaching their direct reports in developing a positive business and safety culture within their work groups.
- Shall ensure that their operation(s) is managed in accordance with the Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS), standards, rules and procedures. That suitable front-line supervision is provided for all work activities. That hazards are identified, and risks are adequately controlled. That the workforce is trained, competent and authorised for tasks they are asked to perform.
- To directly and actively praise safe working and challenge unsafe behaviour / conditions which are unsafe and to stop and rectify as appropriate.
- Encourage two-way communications and resolutions via Face to Face conversations with the work group.
Quality Assurance Responsibilities
- Ensuring full compliance with all Quality Control requirements and responsible to prepare and implement Quality control plan, Quality control procedure, Inspection and test plan etc.
- Provide full comprehensive support service proactively to commercial & operations to ensure a consistent application of Quality Management processes to ensure delivery of the Company Quality Policy and agreed functional aims and objectives
Compliance – Anti Bribery Commitment Responsibilities
- Read, understand, adhere and comply with the information contained within the Rules of Conduct, Policies, and with any training or other anti-bribery and corruption information given by the Management
- Report any witnessed non-compliance or breach of these policies
Specific Requirements/Additional information
Relevant Degree/Diploma – Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
Experience / Achievements
Detailed knowledge of and experience in the properties and applications of Bituminous binders.
Experience in seal design and slurry designs.
Quality management systems
Chemical background (or understanding of chemistry)
Membership to the Society for Asphalt Technology
Proven leader – ability to direct teams and lead change.
Strong communication skills with the ability to influence at a senior level.
Pro-active in approach and with exposure to leading teams, directing process improvement initiatives in a change environment.
Strong intellect and drive.
Drive for results – Ability to achieve designated deadlines for budgeted requirements.
Strategic thinker – Ability to stand back from operational detail to form a view on long-term direction that will best enhance competitive positioning and profitability.
Courage and confidence – demonstrate strong conviction in own judgement and actions.
Strong team player/Personable – Ability to integrate with operational and finance teams is critical to achieve objectives.
Strong organisational skills and planner – This role may work on many projects simultaneously while directing the operations team and will have to organise workload to meet deadlines accordingly.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org