SFG Engineering Services
The incumbent will work closely with customers and technical staff, including the support team to grow and promote the sale of the company’s services. The incumbent will be the first line of contact with all new customers and will establish and maintain long-term business relationships with the new and current customer base.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
Duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for selling services/products and providing support
• Identify potential customers
• Identify new market opportunities
• Develop customer accounts
• Close and grow sales through professional communication with existing and potential clients
• Manage and interpret customer requirements – speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs
• Communicate sales or service opportunities and customer concerns or suggestions
• Identify and resolve client concerns; recommending a course of action to alleviate these concerns in the future
• Expand market awareness of our services and our industry experience by communicating features and benefits of our products and services effectively
• Work with the technical team to ensure customer project requirements are met
• Prepare quotes and calculate costing
• Prepare responses to requests for information
• Engage and follow up with customers on opportunities submitted
• Arrange logistics, importation, customs and clearing for imported products
• Attend and participate in trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
• Research market requirements and market data
• Maintain current product knowledge
• Submit a variety of sales status report, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals
• Submit customer visit plans; schedule client meetings and action plans for follow-up
• Responsible for setting the customer’s expectations
Qualifications, experience and competencies required:
• Relevant Sales/Marketing qualification advantageous
• Three to five years of proven sales or marketing experience in a technical / mechanical environment
• Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques
• Technically / mechanically oriented or qualified with prior experience and skills in a technical or mechanical environment in an operational capacity.
• Good understanding of specialized marine equipment such as RO plants, evaporators, oil in water separators, marine engines and general ships engine room equipment.
• Logistics, importation, customs and clearing experience with regards to the supply of products from a foreign country.
• Experience in quoting and costing.
• Highly motivated individual
• Networking and communication abilities
• Ability to attain sales targets
• Ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
• Strong presentation skills and professional appearance
• Strong organizational skills
• Computer literacy.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to work in a highly pressurized environment