Industrial relations and human resources
We provide IR & HR services to help companies establish the systems required to support their Human Resources and Industrial Relations functions. Implementation of HR policies and procedures, job profiling, job evaluations, performance management. IR support – disciplinary process, chairing hearings. Both clients, SFG Managers and Representatives can call upon the SFG IR/HR Department at any time to assist with complex HR or IR issues. With regards to Industrial Relations, all matters are resolved in accordance with legislative procedures with a view to concluding issues quickly and fairly so as not to upset productivity, incur downtime or waste client management time.
We supply knowledgeable assistance to employers with regard to disciplinary hearings, warnings, dismissals, retrenchments and unfair labor practice disputes
Our services include
- Representation at CCMA-hearings and Bargaining Councils
- Assistance and advice with retrenchments. Handling of retrenchments and restructuring of departments from consultation to operational requirements dismissals.
- Conducting of disciplinary hearings on your premises
- Collective bargaining and shop floor negotiations with unions on behalf of employers.
- Handling of all internal grievances raised and mediating with the least amount of damage to working relationships.
- Employment contracts
- Including fixed term contracts, memorandum of agreements, casuals, part time employees and permanent employees.
- Company policies
- From creation to implementation.
- Employment equity reporting
- Assistance with annual employment equity reporting and online submissions to the department of labor.
- Training on Bargaining Council collective agreements, how to chair disciplinary hearings, misconduct procedures, incapacity procedures and the Labor Relations Act.
- In the event that an SFG employee suffers a work-related accident SFG works closely with the client’s safety department to minimize downtime and ensure the employee receives professional medical attention. SFG will assist with the transportation of the employee for appropriate consultations and treatments while ensuring that all records/certificates are maintained and sourced. We will process and submit all relevant documentation to the Rand Mutual Association (RMA) SFG will also ensure that while any employee is not on-site and is entitled to pay, that wages are paid in accordance with the agreement and legislation.